- BURDOCK ROOT - Burdock root (Arctium lappa L.) is native to Europe and North Asia but can be found in many areas across the globe. The burdock plant is a genus that is related to both sunflowers and some members of the daisy family. The roots are very fibrous, and when cut becomes soft and stringy. Burdock root is used both for tea and in cooking.
- VERSATILE USES - Burdock root is common in stews, soups, sauteed vegetables, and teas. It is also used as a vegetable by itself and delivers an earthy, sweet and mild taste that complements other flavors. It accents Japanese miso soup (tonjiru), rolled sushi, vegetable dishes, and more. It can be mixed with other teas or brewed by itself.
- EASY TO PREPARE - Burdock root need be soaked for only brief periods depending on the flavor intensity that is desired.
- SUSTAINABLY GROWN IN BULGARIA - Frontier Co-op burdock root is grown and harvested in Bulgaria and carefully extracted from the soil (up to several feet down) to obtain roots with the best potency. Our farmers don't use additives or chemicals to produce high-quality burdock roots. Our product is 100% organic, kosher certified, and non-irradiated.
- ABOUT US - Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural-living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.